Science Centre Holdings Privacy Statement
- Established in 1997, Science Centre Holdings (SCH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Science Centre Board and owns the attraction Snow City through Snow Venture Pte Ltd.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personality identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
- In order to safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
1. Your Personal Data
- Your name, NRIC, passport , telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Information on your usage of SCH’s website and services, including cookies, IP address, subscription account details and membership details, but only to the extent that SCH may identify you from such information;
- Your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history; and
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Your Personal Data is collected in the following channel:
- Made contact with our representatives
- register for or use any of our workshop or services on websites owned or operated by us or when you register as a member of websites owned and/or operated by us, or use services on such websites;
- Submit forms relating to any of our products or services;
- Use some of our services, e.g. participating in events, magazine subscription;
- Respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- Respond to our request for additional Personal Data
- Submit a job application;
- Contacted by, and respond to, our appointed marketing representatives and agents;
- Request to be in our mailing list
- Enter into a tenancy agreements with us;
- Receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2.2 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.3 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Usage and collection purpose and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
SCH collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Responding to your queries and requests and responding to complaints;
- Managing the infrastructure and business operations of SCH and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- Matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- Verifying your identity;
- Assisting crime investigation, including fraud and money-laundering, and analysing and managing other commercial risks;
- Protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- Conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime and ensuring the safety and security of our premises and services
- Compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
SCH may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, depending on the nature of our relationship with you:
- If you have a subscription or membership account with us:
- To process your application for subscription services;
- To maintain your account with us;
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments in relation to provision of print subscription services to you;
- To provide you with the goods and services which you have signed up for, including the provision and delivery of magazines requested;
- communicating with you to inform you of changes and development to SCH policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to products and services offered to you;
- Resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- Conducting market research for statistical, profiling and statistical analysis for the improvement of services provided to you; and
- The processing of your Personal Data in relation to any of the purposes stated above.
- If a job or internship application is being submitted:
- Processing your application including pre-recruitment checks;
- Providing or obtaining employee references or other references where relevant for background screening/vetting;
- Collecting information about your suitability for the position applied for;
- Organising training and staff development programs;
- Assessing your performance;
- Administrating benefits and payroll processing;
- Providing you with tools to facilitate or as required for you to do your job;
- Communicating with you as required by SCH to comply with its policies and processes, including for business continuity purposes; and
- Any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
- If you have a subscription or membership account with us:
In addition, SCH may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes (which we may describe in our documents and agreements as “Additional Purposes” for the handling of Personal Data):
- Providing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- Matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by SCH or other third parties;
- administering contests, competitions and conducting lucky draws, including, where necessary, in order to announce the results of these contests, competitions and lucky draws and identify and contact the winners, and in order to publicise and conduct marketing strictly related to these contests, competitions and lucky draws;
- sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or of particular products and services which may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer location, preferences and demographics for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programmes.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, SCH may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text message, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, then we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Disclosure of Personal Data
SCH will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- SCH affiliates;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to SCH, such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, magazine vendor services, magazine delivery services, storage, archival or other services to SCH;
- Vendors or any third party business partners who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on SCH’s sites, whether in conjunction with us or not;
- External business and charity partners in relation to corporate promotional events;
- the Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
Third-Party Sites Links
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.