Students will learn how the stability of an object is affected by its base area and centre of gravity while using this kit. The activities will help build their understanding of the centre of gravity as a fundamental concept in the design of buildings and bridges.
With this kits, students will clear misconceptions that they have such as:
- There is more than one centre of gravity.
- The centre of gravity is always at the centre of an object.
- The centre of gravity cannot exist outside the base area of an object.
- An object that is in a state equilibrium will return to its original position after being given a small displacement.
- An object that is stable has its centre of gravity and the line of action for its weight within its base area.